All of our tools and certainly, Naker.Story is meant to create a 3D interactive scene. In any case, your 3D scene will go through your whole journey, going from one to another camera via the scroll movement. However, you can also decide to add additional interactions/animations to your objects.
How to proceed?
- Hit the Interactivity Tab in the top bar.
- Select an object
- Hit "+" below the interaction list
- Choose between the follow scroll or follow mouse movement. Your interaction will occurs following this action.
Play with the coordinates
In order to add an animation, you need to work either on the position, rotation or scale.
- If you change the coordinates in the position, your object will move from one place to another (e.g. from right to left, from bottom-up or top-down..etc).
- If you change the coordinates in the rotation, your object will start to rotate but stays at the same place (if you only change these data).
- If you change the coordinates in the scale, your object will become bigger or smaller or even distorted.
Choose the type of curve
Depending on the type of curve you're choosing (Linear, Bezier, Circle, and Exponential), you object will move a bit differently. How can you distinguish those 4 curves, here an overview:
- Linear: it says itself, the speed of your animation is steady during the whole time.
- Exponential: the speed of your animation is linear in the beginning and faster at the end.
- Bezier: the speed of your animation is the same in the beginning and at the end but is faster in the middle.
- Circle: the speed of your animation is slower in the beginning and faster at the end.
Set up the Start and End time
You will need to insert a % in the start and end time field. Knowing that 100% refers to your whole journey, if you start at 50% your animation and end at 100%, it means that your animation will start in the middle of your journey and end at the end of it. So if you start your animation at 0%, it will start at the beginning of your journey.